Ms. Fix-it...

by - Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tomorrow's goal - make this area look like a bathroom.

I was doing laundry tonight and I now know that my shower drain and toilet drain are both hooked up to my washer drain - why for the last three years I haven't had a flooding problem and I do now - only God knows - but in order for me to do more laundry (like all the towels I had to use to soak up the mess) I need to get the toilet installed. So - I will be going to the carpet store first thing in the morning to grab underlay, then laying laminate flooring, then installing the toilet which the Home Depot website said I can do in under two hours - I am pretty sure I can get it done quicker than that - but this isn't a race - it is a project that needs to be completed... fancy that in the three months since my separation I have mananged to get more done in this room than my ex did in three years - guess it really is women's work - well, if one wants to get stuff done anyways...

If I am lucky I will install the pedistal sink too - but that may be pushing it. Plus - for that I would need to buy taps which I refuse to get unless they are on sale - they are darned expensive!

Grocery list for tomorrow - by a toilet seat...

ETA - Just checked the Home Depot website about installing pedistal sinks - that one is going to have to wait until I can get someone over to help - toilets are easy - sinks - not so. But as long as I have no more flooding - I can live without the sink...

You May Also Like

1 Comments

  1. Hey Carmen, If it can wait til I get there I may be able to help. That is what Shane and I did upstairs. And about the faucet, I will see what my Dad has at home. He gave us one so I am sure he can find something for you.

    I will keep you posted. And keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete